Pat von Aschwege
Kelowna, B.C.
Canada... eh!
patv@icrenos.com

1970 Lotus Europa Roadster.

This website is divided into the years of
 the project.

2003     2004    2004b 

If for some reason you don't see the menu below the
pictures above this box, then check your web setting
security to see if its blocking popups or make sure you
have the Flash plugin installed. Also you must click the
menu once in order to activate it each time.

  • This is now the 12th year of this project.
  • Lozilla now runs
  • The electrical is mostly finished
  • Serial # 0314R  build date 05/70
  • The car is painted a tangerine orange
    basecoat clearcoat, not bad for garage paint
    job
  • I wet sanded the rear quarter and power
    buffed it to create the shine.

Many thanks to Ray & Shane at Plaizer Auto Service in
Edmonton for an excellent job getting it running.

 

It Features a standard Renault 1.6 litre engine with 4 speed trany. The engine was professionally rebuilt years ago, & a Rajah Turbo kit was installed. It runs good when it runs, is very linear with the turbo,
kind of like a electric engine, no torque whatsoever. But it does seem to go like the wind when spooling of the turbo begins. Recently I had a new carb & fuel pressure regulator added, this has improved the take off immensely.

The new LED taillights are in and working.
I took out all the gauges out of the dash I had
made and filled the holes & have that covered in
fake carbon fibre vinyl. I want to put in a new
digital dash with everything in one pod...

I finally managed to get the doors setup properly and opening and closing , I had to use some deck hinges from a spitfire to get the job done, as well I needed to raise the door sills considerably to lighten the doors for the hinges.

:: No Original Parts on Dash :: Liberal use of Carbon Fiber :: Re-upholstered Seats
I decided on getting
a new wheel as the
old one was cracked
in the leather.  This
one is a superlite
racing version, with
quick release hub.

Dash is a one off Fibreglas unit.
That took about 2 weeks to create !

I have a weakness for carbon fiber parts. This tunnel cover features a hand
made shifter holder, made out of alum-
inum that took a good 3 evenings to make !

I am using a marine
grade vinyl upholst-
ery on the seats.

I had a shop redo
the seats for me.

Seat Belts are 3"
Simpsons bolted to
the roll-bar & the original mountings on
the side panels.